Tuesday, April 20, 2010

9 chapters to go.

You knew it would not last. You knew there was nothing concrete to begin with. You knew it was all so superficial. No matter how much you have cared before, you knew it would end someday. Nothing lasts forever, not even in this age. Especially not with these days. Men could not keep it to themselves, women could not be left alone, friends could not be out of contact, families could not be without communication.

If you knew it was going to end someday, would you still have tried?
I would, and I did.
But now that it seemed to be ending, I'm not regretting.
Because I know that I'm not the one who ended the ties. I'm not the one who made that decision. You did. They did. He did.
It's okay with me. Bring me back to those days and I would still have done the same thing. I'm not going to change myself or the way I am just because of something that's inevitable in the future. Yes, it's really tiring and I did give up, a lot of times. But when I look back, there's still those times. No matter how short or superficial, at least I was once there. I believe that they were genuine, at least on my part. At least I tried.

Or maybe I have not tried hard enough.

It might not mean anything. To you, to them, to him. But it mattered to me. It did not have to make a difference to you. I made a difference for myself.

And no, I really do not think that there's any superior religion. Everybody's faith is worth respecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment